Sunday, January 17, 2010

Matriarch Zarra has a Turn



I'm Zarra, and I appreciate my turn to "talk" because I'm voiceless. Sometime in my past someone cut my vocal cords, so I can only make a few sounds.

The vet estimates that I'm about 10 years old; that makes me the oldest of the herd.

I was rescued from a hoarder in New Mexico about three years ago, and came to Border Animal Rescue (BAR) and that's where my parents found me. Life is heaven here compared to the hoarder's place. I was kept mostly in a wire kennel, and my toes are deformed because of it. I also had many, many puppies. I'm so glad there are good people that rescuse dogs like me from bad places like that.

I help mom groom some of the other dogs, and my favorite place to sleep and watch the world to by is my bed on the top of mom's sewing machine. I'm happy.

No comments: